Re: [avr-gcc-list] gcc 3.0.4/binutuils 2.11.2 patches for ATmega128

From: Jason Kyle
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] gcc 3.0.4/binutuils 2.11.2 patches for ATmega128
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 16:49:35 +1300

At 14:27 7/03/2002, Peter Jansen wrote:
Matthew,

> I am not sure if this has been already asked but is it possible to apply
> your patches to the Windows version of gccavr, is there a DOS/WIN32 version
> of patch ?   I am assuming that you are working with the linux version.

These patches apply to the source packages for gcc/binutils, so yes they
apply to the source on either linux or windoze. You can use cygwin (or
mingw I, think although I have not tried it) to compile these packages.

I would assume Matthew means the pre-built binaries complete with whiz bang installer etc. For those of you who want this you'll have to wait for someone to stick it all together (again...), or alternatively I would suggest using cygwin. It is possible to use avr-gcc compiled on cygwin with AVR Studio, you don't have to use pre-built binaries just because you use windows.

Jason Kyle

PS thanks for the patches Peter!  are these in cvs yet?