Re: [avr-gcc-list] gcc 3.0.4/binutuils 2.11.2 patches for ATmega128

From: Jason Kyle
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] gcc 3.0.4/binutuils 2.11.2 patches for ATmega128
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 20:24:44 +1300

At 21:41 6/03/2002 -0800, Sander Pool wrote:

Well, I'm sure it's possible but not trivial. No matter what I tried I could
not get gcc 3.0.3 to compile using the latest cygwin install. It always got
stuck on the same error message despite useful advise from some friendly
folks on this list.

If anyone built the whole thing and stuck it on a server somewhere I'd love
to know about it.

Hmmm, sounds like that might be a good idea. Lets see what I can do in the weekend. Can you tell me what releases of gcc and binutils your cygwin installation uses? I have gcc 2.95.3-5 with binutils 2.11.90 but haven't checked for updates since last year sometime.....

Meanwhile I was just playing with the mega163 to get used to the
environment. Until I blew up my STK500 in any case :-)

Pretty easy to do :) Think I fried a 163 when externally programming another device via SPI, didn't realise that you had to remove half the damm jumpers before hand. Looks like the AVCC voltage was set to 4V by default and then my external target board had a 5V rail which raised VCC of the 163 to 5V, and you can't have that! Probably would have been fine if the STK500 was set for 5V VCC and AVCC

Jason Kyle