Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR GCC compiler for win98

From: Larry Barello
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR GCC compiler for win98
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 14:18:45 -0700

GCC doesn't know how to access I/O directly.  You have to do the
following (i may have the order backwards - check iomacros.h)

    outb(sw4_dir, inp(sw4_dir) & ~sw4_pin);
    outb(sw4_port, inp(sw4_port | sw4_pin);

The sbi and cbi assembly instructions (which the macros reduce to) are
only one cycle each.  Much faster than in-modify-out that you were
proposing.