Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR GCC compiler for win98

From: Marc Wetzel
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR GCC compiler for win98
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 19:49:48 +0200

Hi Eivind,

I'd like to provide some help...
As you know, I compiled a win32 gcc distribution with the help of cygwin, because
with mingw and/or msys I couldn't compile the complete suite.

Maybe your mingw/msys setup would help me.

Could you inform me about any specialities you had to apply ?
Would you send me your build-instructions for the 2.95 release ?

TIA
/Marc

At 15:15 22.04.2002 +0200, you wrote:
> unfortunately the only packaged deal for win9x avrgcc comes from avrfreaks
> and whichever kind soul put it together lost all interest and has not done a
> refresh in close to half a year.

That release was compiled by Gunnar Henne, and the installer package provided by Kasper Pedersen.
All hail to these two great guys! :-)

Kasper also was so kind as to provide the installer/packager program to us for free use!
Thus; making the self-installer package for Windows will be maintained by ourselves at AVRfreaks.net.
However, compiling a reliable windows package in an easy way has not been trivial.
We will have a go at the recent submissions to this list by Marc and Paulo.

All the best,

                    Eivind, address@hidden

avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org

---