[avr-gcc-list] INTERRUPT v. SIGNAL problem

From: Borchardt, John Joseph (UMC-Student)
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] INTERRUPT v. SIGNAL problem
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 14:23:29 -0500

Hi,

I'm developing a data transmission protocol using the
2313 UART interrupts, and I'm experiencing a strange
problem.  When I change SIGNAL(SIG_UART_RECV){ ... } to
INTERRUPT(SIG_UART_RECV){ ... }, the isr will not be
called.  Timer and external interrupts are disabled,
and only the UART transmit complete and receive complete
are enabled.  The first thing the SIG_UART_RECV isr does
is to read the UDR, clearing the RXC flag.  The second
thing the isr does is to put a pin high for debugging
purposes.  Everything seems to work fine with SIGNAL,
but not INTERRUPT.  Does anyone know why I'm experiencing
this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-John Borchardt
address@hidden