RE: [avr-gcc-list] INTERRUPT v. SIGNAL problem

From: Borchardt, John Joseph (UMC-Student)
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] INTERRUPT v. SIGNAL problem
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 16:03:45 -0500

Thanks, Dean.  I had already implemented the manual sei()
using SIGNAL, and it worked fine.  It just makes me nervous
when I don't understand exactly what's goin on.  What is
the "preamble" you refer to?  Is this gcc-generated code
that makes the isr possible, like pushing the SREG and PC
onto the stack?

...Seems to me that avr-gcc could use some detailed documentation
on pitfalls like this.  Perhaps we could start a tips and tricks
section here at avr1.org?

Thanks, I really appreciate it.
-John