RE: [avr-gcc-list] Win32 GCC, Elfcof and Astudio 3.53 or 4.02

From: Mikkel Elmholdt
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Win32 GCC, Elfcof and Astudio 3.53 or 4.02
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 12:07:51 +0200

AFAIK, *all* source files *must* be in the same directory as the COFF file, due to limitations with both the COFF file format and AStudio. The AVRGCC *freaks distro makefile tries to copy all files to the master direcory, but I have had problems getting this to work with AvrX (which I guess is what you are trying as well ;-) ).

I also suspect that ELFCOFF might have a problem generating a COFF file, which AStudio wil accept. No hard facts yet, but I'll dig a bit further down.

I've seen the endless RXC thing in AStudio 4 as well with AvrX. Seems not to be there, when AvrX is not used.

Mikkel