Re: [avr-gcc-list] uisp updates

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] uisp updates
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:53:49 +0200

"Theodore A. Roth" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just finished committing to cvs the changes to uisp which allow it to
> read and write the lock and fuse bits using the stk500 dev board. I've
> only tested this with mega128 devices.
>
> I'd like for others using the stk500 to test it with other devices and let
> me know how it works. I'm especially interested in hearing about the
> results of setting lock bits.
>
> Also note that I have converted the project to use autoconf/automake. I
> would like to hear from people using systems other than Redhat Linux so as
> to help improve portability. Please report any problems so I can fix them
> up.
>
> To help test these updates, you will need to grab the latest source from
> cvs. Instructions to do that can be found on the uisp home page:
>
>   http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/uisp/
>
> Enjoy,
>
> Ted Roth
>
> avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org

I downloaded the uisp source tree with cvs and type:
address@hidden:~/cvs-uisp/uisp > ./bootstrap
+ aclocal -I config
+ autoheader
+ automake --foreign --add-missing --copy
automake: configure.in: installing `config/install-sh'
    error while copying

automake: configure.in: installing `config/mkinstalldirs'
    error while copying

automake: configure.in: installing `config/missing'
    error while copying

+ autoconf
address@hidden:~/cvs-uisp/uisp > ls
AUTHORS      CVS          Makefile.in  bootstrap     doc
uisp.spec.in
CHANGES      ChangeLog    TODO         config        kernel
CHANGES.old  INSTALL      acconfig.h   configure     pavr
COPYING      Makefile.am  aclocal.m4   configure.in  src

A lot of errors, but all seems good after the finishing the command?!?
./configure runs also fine (i think) and make, make install also work.
no other tests made until now.

System: SuSE Linux 7.0
Can you update the INSTALL file, here is nothing written about
bootstrap. Is
bootstrap the initial start up comand?

An additional question:
is the atmega128 now fully supported? Is anywhere a list (maybe a table)
available,
where we can found supported devices with the supporting
programs/headers/libs/parameters?

Thanks
        Klaus