Re: [avr-gcc-list] 20020601 Libc AVR4/ATMega8 support?

From: Tony M
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] 20020601 Libc AVR4/ATMega8 support?
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 09:35:01 -0400

Hey Lee,

I understand your desire to have win32 atmega8 support :)

I used the latest CVS snapshots for {binutils, gcc, avr-libc} and built and
installed them in that order.  The latest versions have the compiling issues
resolved so it wont seg fault cygwin (also latest cygwin version). when
compiling.

One thing I did do, and I will go back and double check, is I built the
latest STABLE releases of binutils and gcc for cygwin to compile the avr
binutils/gcc/avr-libc.   Cygwin is still using old gcc by default, but
apparently it should still work.

Right now it seems compiling and linking using this current setup works, but
I am getting an "invalid target" error when using objcopy.  That is one of
the last steps... if i can get this working, and revert back to the old gcc
that cygwin uses by default, i seriously dont mind putting together a binary
package for you.

Tony