RE: [avr-gcc-list] Linux Build HOWTO

From: J.C. Wren
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Linux Build HOWTO
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 08:32:57 -0400

        Richs installation guide is a right on the mark for the 2.95 compiler,
but
needs updating for 3.01.

        The following script is called 'build', will build all the components.
have a directory called '/home/avr' that I build out of.  In this directory
you'll need to have the following files:

                binutils-2.11.tar.bz2
                gcc-core-3.0.1.tar.gz
                avr-libc-20020203.tar.gz

        http://www.avr1.org/tools.html lists where each file is available from.
Note that the versions on the page are outdated, but the links are valid.

        After compilation, the complete AVR version of gcc (including libs,
tools,
headers, etc) will be in '/usr/local/avr'.

        I suppose if I'd been really smart I'd have made the target directory a
shell variable instead of hardcoding it.  But then, I wasn't putting it
anywhere else, so I didn't. :)

        --John

---------------------------  CUT HERE ---------------------------
#!/bin/sh -e

export PATH=/usr/local/avr/bin:$PATH

rm -rf /usr/local/avr
rm -rf binutils-2.11
rm -rf gcc-3.0.1
rm -rf avr-libc-20020203

bunzip2 -c binutils-2.11.tar.bz2 | tar xf -
cd binutils-2.11
./configure --target=avr --prefix=/usr/local/avr
make || exit
make install
cd ..

tar zxf gcc-core-3.0.1.tar.gz
cd gcc-3.0.1
./configure --target=avr --prefix=/usr/local/avr --disable-nls --enable-lang
uages=c
make || exit
make install
cd ..

tar zxf avr-libc-20020203.tar.gz
cd avr-libc-20020203
(./doconf --prefix=/usr/local/avr && ./domake && ./domake install) || exit
cd ..