Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-objdump 2.11 gives illegal Intel Hex

From: Marek Michalkiewicz
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-objdump 2.11 gives illegal Intel Hex
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 21:06:28 +0200 (CEST)

> Does this mean I can selectively compile libraries to use rjmp/rcall
> as long as they don't call something far away?

Yes, but there may be a problem if the code contains large "switch"
statements: jump tables are placed in a different section that might
be too far away.  So add -mno-tablejump when compiling libraries
(sometimes this option also reduces code size).

> Is there a directive I can use to tell the compiler that certain stuff
> is near and doesn't need to use long jumps or calls?  I.e. near/far
> attribute for external or internal stuff to a module?

Well, it's not so simple (implementing -mshort-calls was just a few
lines :), but I'll think about it...

Marek