Re: [avr-gcc-list] Dumb C question

From: Mike Tsao
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Dumb C question
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:18:45 -0700

Easiest way is to make a constant that happens to live at the end of the
list:

enum eMenuItem
{
    D_this = 0,
    D_that,
    D_TheOtherThing,
    K_NUM_MENU_ITEMS /* This must remain at end of list */
}

Obviously this is fragile (other developers won't read your comments and
will put the next item at the very end of the list), and it requires the
first one to start at zero (though all true C programmers make all
enumerations start at zero ;), but it works.