Re: [avr-gcc-list] uisp stk500 with firmware 1.10

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] uisp stk500 with firmware 1.10
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 19:44:03 +0200

> ist es möglich, dass uisp den stk 500 sowohl mit der alten 1.7 als auch
> mit der neuen 1.10 firmware unterstützt ?
> ich hatte von der letzten offiziellen version mal nur die versions
> abfrage disabled und konnte damit schon programmieren.
>
> haben deine änderungen den weg ins cvs oder so gefunden ?
>
> wir benutzen hier den atmega128
>
> gruss,
>
> matthias ringwald,
> eth zürich

I give you short answer in english, because it make it readable also for
the
 group :-)

First of all, you can use 1.10 firmware to programm all the devices
known by
uisp. But, you are not longer able to burn fuses, because the
"universal command" is not longer used by stk500 with firmware 1.10.
My patch enable also high voltage parallel programming with stk500.
So you are able to enable the internal oscilator at at90s1200 for
example and programming is really much faster.

This patch is currently not part of cvs but Theodore is working on it.
:-)

If some more persons are interested in the ongoing development of uisp
we should maybe give "unregisterd" patches a chance. Can anyone
here make the patch available for download?

I have no running server in the net, so i can´t give each asking person
a personal copy :-(

Bye
        Klaus