[avr-gcc-list] Differences between avr-gcc 3.02 and 3.2

From: Alex Shepherd
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Differences between avr-gcc 3.02 and 3.2
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 23:12:44 +1200

Hi All,

I am wanting to use an Mega8 in place of a 8535 and so need to shift from the 3.02 bundle to the newer 3.2 bundle. I downloaded both from the AVRFreaks AVR-GCC page.

I had to correct a few things to do with port names to compile, but other than that the identical source code no longer works when compiled with the 3.2 bundle. If I toggle between the two versions by renaming the c:\avrgcc directories, the 3.02 version work but the 3.2 version doesn't.

My project has a software bit-bashed UART that has two interrupt handlers and uses INT0 to detect the falling edge and then TIMER0 to sample the bits after that.

Any suggestions on where to begin to look?

Should I be using a more recent version of 3.2? If so, does anyone have a prebuilt Win32 bundle?

Cheers

Alex Shepherd

PS the complete software project is at: http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/embeddedloconet/avr-base