Re: [avr-gcc-list] simulavr-0.1.1 released

From: Iztok Zupet
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] simulavr-0.1.1 released
Date: 20 Sep 2002 16:52:42 +0200

On Tue, 2002-09-10 at 06:50, Theodore A. Roth wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've just released simulavr-0.1.1. Here's the highlights of what has
> changed:
>
>   - Joerg Wunsch ported to FreeBSD.
>   - Joerg also sped up the disp code a bit. (about 4x)
>   - new interrupt implementation.
>   - new features in disp program (home/end/page up/page down keys and a 'g'
>     command to jump to an address of sram).
>   - a few opcode bug fixes.
>   - basic support for mega128 and mega103.
>
> See the ChangeLog for the gory details.
>
> For those not in the know, here's the url:
>
>   http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/simulavr/
>
> Rpms are also available in the download section under binaries.
>
> If you want to use gdb, I recommend gdb-5.2.1 or newer since that includes
> avr support out of the box (no need to patch gdb for avr). I'll try to get
> some gdb-5.2.1 rpms out soon, but I'm severely bandwidth limited at home (my
> only redhat box), so it may take a while.
>
> Have a nice day and keep hacking. ;-)
>
> Ted Roth
>
> avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org

Hi,

Tried for the mega128 and seems to work pretty well.

BTW, I've read that some people are running the eCos OS successfuly
under the SID simulator (arm target). I've seriously considered SID as a
possible AVR simulator, because the simulation for the real target HW
can be easily added (Timers,UARTS and even LCD displays).
<http://sources.redhat.com/sid>

Regards
iz