[avr-gcc-list] Anybody perhaps solved these JTAGICE in AVR STUDIO4 probl

From: Marc Wetzel
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Anybody perhaps solved these JTAGICE in AVR STUDIO4 problems??
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 23:15:14 +0100

I thought JTAGICE would ease my development.
Right now it's driving me nuts...

I tried it with 2 computers. One P400/real_onboard_serial and one
P2.53Ghz/address@hidden

AVR Studio detected the JTAGICE and I was able to upgrade it to the
current
firmware release (on the usb_serial !)

I tried to debug a 3-liner asm program. AVR studio uploads the code
succesfully
but then fails with "Error reading programm counter"

I quickly wrote a little delphi-program to check the communication,
because I heard a lot of problems concerning the usb_serial.

But what should I say: My program could read the program-counter and
also step through the code.

What is wrong here? I don't like to write a debugger myself :(

I tried the same setup on my P400 - same result! -> it works a little
bit.

Any clues?

TIA
/Marek

PS
I sent this msg also to an avrfreaks forum. So beware!