Re: [avr-gcc-list] SPI comm on At90S8535

From: TODD BATZLER
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] SPI comm on At90S8535
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 14:19:13 -0600

I've run into this issue as well, but with the Slave Select pin.  Make
sure it's set up as an output for Master SPI mode.  It took me half a
day to figure out that you need to configure the DDR for the SS pin as
an output BEFORE enabling the SPI thru SPCR.  Setting the DDR as an
output after enabling the SPI has no affect, at least on the
mega8 I worked with most recently.

>>> "Mike Hoyt" <address@hidden> 11/27/02 11:17AM >>>
Torsten,

Sounds like MISO is configured as an input. I've never used the SPI
port in
slave mode, but according to the datasheet for the 8515 (I don't have
the
8535 datasheet), MISO is user-defined in slave mode. Therefore, you'll
have
to set the appropriate Data Direction bit to get MISO to function as
an
output.

Hope this helps,
--Mike