Re:[avr-gcc-list] Choose where the code is placed in flash memory

From: JLDSystems
Subject: Re:[avr-gcc-list] Choose where the code is placed in flash memory
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 12:03:14 EST

Okay, I'll concede that for bootloaders, flash upgrades and jump tables it 'may' be required to tie to specific addresses. But shouldn't we still use labels and compiler functionally to simplify maintenance?

One legacy project I was hired to add features to had an org xxxx statement at the beginning of every function. And depending on weather the original programmer thought it was a big routine or a little routine it would start on an even page boundary or a multiple page boundary. What a nightmare!

Jeff