Re: [avr-gcc-list] key mapping (** resolved **)

From: Marlin Unruh
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] key mapping (** resolved **)
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 23:05:10 -0700

I got it working and really think I'll like it. I do so far.  Using Vim I
don't need Caps_Lock as often as Escape. I'm new at it so I can get used to
it this way.

What I ended up doing is using xmodmap -pke .mykeyfile to dump the current key
data into .mykeyfile. I manually edited the file w/ Vim :).  Then like you
said, installed the new key file w/ xmodmap. I put the call in the .profile
file, but is that bad practice? I wasn't sure were to stash it. It works
okay, but don't know if it's proper.

Thanks for the pointers and help, I hope I can help someone eventually.  :)
Marlin