Re: [avr-gcc-list] Linked lists.

From: Lorne Gutz
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Linked lists.
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 13:42:17 -0500

There is always more than one way to skin a cat.   Here is
one example that has worked find for me.

struct    linked_list
        {
        put in your elements of your structure here
        struct linked_list *NEXT;
        struct linked_list *PREV;
        };

typedef struct linked_list  LINKED_LIST;

Then you create a function that dinamically allocates memory for
a link and returns a pointer to it.  This function should also put
the pointers NEXT and PREV in as well.  Then if you have a
local variable that is defined as a LINKED_LIST pointer you
can move up one be  ptr = ptr->NEXT or back with
ptr = ptr->PREV;

cheers
Lorne