[avr-gcc-list] Double?

From: Daniel Williamson
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Double?
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:35:37 -0000

Hi,
I'm doing a spot of maths and I'm getting confusing errors.

Originally I was using int's as my variables but during a multiplication I was getting a negative number due to rollover.

So I tried declaring them as longs, and as doubles but I'm still getting the same error?
Any thoughts on if I'm doing something stupid?

Is there a compiler switch that restricts variable size?

I think I should stop trying to hack old code and start afresh,  It's generally faster in the long run.

I'm using atmega 128 and gcc 3.2.

Thanks for any help, opinions (Positive ones) and so on.
Dan.