FW: [avr-gcc-list] Double?

From: Daniel Williamson
Subject: FW: [avr-gcc-list] Double?
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:42:17 -0000

Erm,  Sorry out there.

I went home last night and forgot about the problem,
Then in my usual way I had a flash of inspiration ( I claim to have lots of
these but then forget to write them down, so leaving no trace that they ever
occurred!)

I realised the problem was because I had:-
long = int * unsigned char;

So the maths was being done as a signed int,
In my bid to fix the problem I'd changed the size of the storage variable to
long but by then it was too late.
I cast the signed int as a long:-
long = (long)int * unsigned char;

and it worked.
In fact it's taken longer to write this e-mail than to fix the problem!
I'd rather it was something much more complicated, I wouldn't feel so daft!
Thanks for your help.

Dan.