Re: [avr-gcc-list] SimulAVR question

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] SimulAVR question
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:48:28 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Marko Panger wrote:

:) Hello all,
:)
:) I am using Insight and Simulavr to debug the m128 device and I would like to
:) ask how to issue a "reset" condition ? I suppose this is done via the
:) console window of Insight but I don't know how exactly.

There's a note about this hidden at the bottom here:

  http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/simulavr/doc/html/simulavr_5.html#SEC5

Basically, just give gdb this command:

  (gdb) signal SIGHUP

Note that this is unique to simulavr for now.

:)
:) If I only issue the "load" command it doesn't seem that the device is being
:) reset, because the BSS section is clobbered from previous accesses, but the
:) start-up code should clear the BSS section.

The load command only uploads the program into the simulator's flash
space. It doesn't change any registers (including the PC).

There's a few other ways to reset:

  (gdb) set var $pc = 0x0

or

  (gdb) jump *0x0