[avr-gcc-list] Newbie Question: How to get started?

From: CaptainVideo
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Newbie Question: How to get started?
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 15:49:55 -0500

I'm having a really hard time finding some begginer's documentation that
really covers the entire process of using AVR-GCC from start through
interfacing with AVR Studio 3.5 and through all the various other steps
required.

I haven't purchased anything yet, but am trying to figure out if I'll be
able to get this working before running out and buying an STK500.

I have basic C knowledge and basic electronics knowledge  but not much MCU
knowledge.

Can anyone point to a resource for beginners getting started in GCC with an
emphasis on how to get things running from start to finish?

Is there a way to test a C program with GCC and some emulator?

Thanks in advance!