Re: [avr-gcc-list] GDB help

From: Colin O'Flynn
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] GDB help
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 15:10:58 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I've used AVR-GDB with a JTAG ICE, its great!

To connected read the documentation in the
WinAVR\doc\avarice\running.txt for some background.
Basically here is what you do:

Open 1 command line window:
>avr-objcopy -I elf32-avr -O binary main.elf main.bin
>avarice --file main.bin --jtag com2 localhost 4242

After that does its stuff:
Open 2nd Command Line Window
>avr-gdb main.elf
BLAH BLAH BLAH
(gdb) set remoteaddresssize 32
(gdb) set remote Z-packet enable
(gdb) target remote localhost:4242

Then you'll need to know how to use GDB at this
point...

Also i'm working on making a makefile for WinAVR that
does all this stuff, and also a quick intro to
AVR-GDB. However right now i'm busy, so it will have
to wait a few days.

  -Colin