Re: [avr-gcc-list] -fPIC/-fpic

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] -fPIC/-fpic
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:11:27 +0200 (MET DST)

address@hidden wrote:

>> How are you going to build the dynamic loader?

> Why the hell do I need dynamic loader?
> I have a set of functions in the bootstrap area.
> I want to reuse them in the application area as well.

Then why don't you tell that from the beginning?

If you are linking everything in one job, it should IMHO be possible
to do that using the __attribute__((section(".bootloader"))) method
that is described in the FAQ.  Since it will make the linker fill in
the appropriate relocations, i think that would work.

[Btw., it would be nice if your mail software maintained at least one
would help to keep the threads together.  Right now, you're creating a
single unrelated message for each of your mails, that has no thread
context.]