Re: [avr-gcc-list] Fw: Make Your Own JTAGICE box

From: Larry Barello
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Fw: Make Your Own JTAGICE box
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 06:55:26 -0700

The meg16 is binary backwards compatible with the mega163, so if you
set the appropriate fuse bits you can load your mega163 code and it
will go.  That isn't true for most variants as the interrupt vector
table shifts and, in some cases, I/O registers shift as well.

It would be a serious copy right violation to build up a JTAGICE
board, load up Atmel's code and sell it.  However, they distribute the
binary with Studio, so I doubt there is any ethical or legal problems
with hand building you own and using their binary.  I like the idea of
using the STK500 as the JTAGICE hardware.  That has a nice recursive
ring to it.  I'll have to give it a go just for fun (I already have
the JTAGICE unit).

Cheers!