Re: [avr-gcc-list] integer overflow

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] integer overflow
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 17:12:09 -0400

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 01:06:51PM -0700, Bruce D. Lightner wrote:

> P.S.- There are many other ways to do this, which I'm sure Joerg will soon
> share with you...

Bruce, is this really necessary?  While you may not always agree with
Joerg, he's been an immeasurable help to the avr-gcc community with
his work on avr-libc, avrdude, elf->coff support, maintaining the
avr-gcc port on FreeBSD, answering questions, etc, all for several
years now.  From first hand experience, he's certainly found and fixed
several bugs that I have reported.  And more often than not, his
answers on this list are accurate, so I'm not sure what beef you have
with him.  While I may not be privvy to whatever private communication
you and Joerg have had to be the basis for your apparent animosity
toward him, to an outsider like me, your comments sure don't paint you
in a favorable light.  Just my observation.

Cheers,
-Brian