Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr seminar Summary

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr seminar Summary
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 20:50:53 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, J.C. Wren wrote:

:)If they take away JTAG, I'm basically ready to walk away.  There's a reason
:)JTAG is an industry standard.  And, incidently, one they don't even do
:)completely right (no pass through support).  Someon needs to take a clue by
:)4, and beat some sense into them if they're serious about dropping JTAG
:)support.
:)
:)      --John
:)
:)Reza wrote:
:)
:)Oh, and they're also going to phase out the JTAG and replace
:)> it with a device that supports 1 wire debugging to save on pins.  The
:)> newer products will support the one wire debug feature, and I'm guessing
:)> the JTAG replacement will also work with the older JTAG interfaced
:)> products.  It's not out yet, but they said it will be around the same cost.

They aren't removing jtag. You will still be able to do the boundary scan
and programming with the 4 pin interface as today. They are going to add a
1-wire debug interface using the reset pin. It wasn't clear if you will
still be able to use the 4 pin debugging interface.

They are phasing out the jtagice box and shifting to a ice300 with similar
capability and the 1-wire debug interface.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Ted Roth