Re: [avr-gcc-list] Howto generate avr-gcc instead of gcc

From: Helix
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Howto generate avr-gcc instead of gcc
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:10:44 +0100

> > I built gcc-3.3
> > All fine.
> >
> > I noticed that into /usr/local/avr/bin
> > I have a dile named gcc
> > I winder if is possible to build binutils and gcc generating names like
> > avr-gcc avr-ar and so on.
>
> Do you have a copy of the avr-libc user manual? If so, it has instructions
on
> how to properly build the toolset for Linux and Windows.

I read various documents and just now I've found the avr-libc user manual
too.
I have done the following steps:

binutils-2.14
$ ./configure --target=avr
$ make
# make install

gcc-3.3
$ ./configure --target=avr --enable-languages=c,c++
$ make
# make install

I have gcc, g++, ar, into /usr/local/avr/bin
I'd like to have avr-gcc, avr-g++, avr-ar, is it possible and how ?
TIA