[avr-gcc-list] sample hello world! program using GCC

From: David Morrison
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] sample hello world! program using GCC
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:08:29 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,
I am a complete newbie to embedded programming the AVR and have purchased a
CANDIP which has a mega162 MCU to learn on.  I was wondering if someone could
send me a simple hello world program (written using GCC), so I could see how to
initialize the serial port and get the printf redirected to it.  Sorry if this
seems like a RTFM question but I have looked at the docs and am still confused!

Thanks for the help,
Dave
address@hidden

I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
        -Bjarne Stroustrup, computer science professor, designer of C++
       programming language (1950- )