Re: [avr-gcc-list] Interrupts not working on Mega16

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Interrupts not working on Mega16
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 09:08:53 -0700

On 3 Feb 2004 at 12:34, Tom Harris wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have a strange problem. I have started using the Mega16 and for the life
> of me I cannot get it to respond to interrupts. I have the exact same code
> that works in the Mega8 that sets up timer and UART interrupt handlers, and
> they
> just never get called. The vectors have been set in the correct places in the
> Flash, and the I bit in the SREG is on.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> TomH

Check the header file for the mega16 and make sure the names that you're using
for the interrupts correspond to those in the header file. Remember if the
spelling is incorrect, the compiler won't catch it, and you'll build an ISR
that's not plugged in to the table. Hence, your interrupts will go nowhere.

HTH
Eric