RE: [avr-gcc-list] software spi master

From: Larry Barello
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] software spi master
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 08:18:11 -0800

The SPI interface is very simple.  Look at the hardware description in the
AVR data sheet and I am sure you can make your own in a dozen or so line of
code.  Just assert the /SS line (if you use that) and clock out 8 bits while
sampling and clocking in 8 bits.  You could even rotate through one register
(R24) if you did it in assembly so calling the routine returns a value.
That is really all there is to it.