Re: [avr-gcc-list] Compiler linking error

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Compiler linking error
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 06:39:42 -0700

On 27 Feb 2004 at 16:25, Nick Brent wrote:

> Yep. Your right. The command
>
>     avr-gcc -mmcu=atmega128 -lmyrobot test2.c
>
> give me the error, but the command
>
>     avr-gcc -mmcu=atmega128 test2.c -lmyrobot
>
> compiles just fine. Thanks for the link to the GCC manual. I've been using
> 'GCC the Complete Reference' by Arthur Griffith, and I didn't see anything
> about order in the syntax. Thanks for the help.

It must not be a "Complete Reference" then. ;-)

BTW, you can find a lot of GNU manuals online here:
<http://www.gnu.org/manual/manual.html>
Including:
gcc = compiler
gas = assembler
ld = linker
binutils = utilities, librarian, etc.

If you are using WinAVR (20030913) there should be a shortcut on your desktop
that launches
a browser to this page. The WinAVR README also discusses this.

Glad it's working for you now!