Re: [avr-gcc-list] Building AVRGCC on an AMD64-Box fails

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Building AVRGCC on an AMD64-Box fails
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 09:17:50 -0600

On 16 Apr 2004 at 15:35, Matthias Weißer wrote:

> E. Weddington schrieb:
> > On 15 Apr 2004 at 9:39, Joerg Wunsch wrote:
> >

> >> In either case, submit a bug report for GCC.
> >
> > Yes, please.
> >
> >>I see that GCC 3.3.4 is
> >> close to a release, and only bug fixes are acceptable for commits, so
> >> it's IMHO important to notify the developers of the bug.
> >
> > Also, 3.4 is now frozen and will probably be released within 1-2 weeks (my
> > guess). So for that branch, it will have to wait until 3.4.1.
>
> I have tried it with a CVS checkout of the current development line.
> With that checkout I could successfully build AVRGCC and AVRlibc and
> could also compile on of my projects. So it seems that this bug is fixed
> for 3.4

That's great!
BTW, I think I saw posts on binutils / gcc lists concerning 64 bit platforms.
So having it work on 3.4 and not on the 3.3 series is not too surprising.

> Should I submit a bugreport for 3.3.2 or shouldn't I?

I don't know.... I suppose you could, but I don't know if it's likely that they
will backport any 64 bit stuff to the 3.3 series. IMHO, I would just stick with
3.4 as it will be released soon, and it always contains more bug fixes, new
features, etc.

Glad you got it working!

Gruß
Eric