Re: [avr-gcc-list] Building AVRGCC on an AMD64-Box fails

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Building AVRGCC on an AMD64-Box fails
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:42:01 -0600

On 13 Apr 2004 at 23:21, Matthias Weißer wrote:

> E. Weddington schrieb:
> > Ok, you configured your gcc to x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu. And you're getting
> > *assembler* errors (that say something about 'bignum invalid'). So how are
> > you
> > configuring your binutils for the avr?
>
> Hi
>
> I used the configure commands as they are written in the avrlibc FAQ's.
> Here are all the outputs from binutils and gcc build.

Hmm, well I don't know if this will affect the errors you're seeing, but I
noticed in your configure output for binutils you have this:

checking for avr-ar... avr-ar
checking for avr-as... avr-as
checking for avr-dlltool... no
checking for avr-ld... avr-ld
checking for avr-nm... avr-nm
checking for avr-ranlib... avr-ranlib

Which implies that you already have these somewhere in your PATH (somebody
correct me if I'm wrong). Whenever I configure binutils, I set up the PATH
where it is not pointing at any known copy of binutils for the avr, i.e. for
the above lines, configure outputs "no" for each one. Give that a try. HTH

> BTW:
> I am going to try GCC 3.3.3 tomorrow.

If you do that, you'll need a patch to gcc. I would suggest sticking with 3.3.2
until you figure out what's wrong with building it on your system. 3.3.2 is a
stable release for the AVR.