Re: [avr-gcc-list] Make file to recursivly generate code for morethan o

From: Geoffrey Wossum
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Make file to recursivly generate code for morethan one target ?
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 17:08:09 -0500

On Thursday 03 June 2004 4:51 pm, Sander Pool wrote:
> Since the recipes for make are executed by whatever shell is configured you
> can simply stick that shell script in the rule and pretend make is doing
> the looping when in fact it's really the shell.
>
> So:
>

> do_all:
>     script line 1\
>     script line 2\
>     etc.
>
> Make would call itself with the same makefile.

True 'nuff.  Now that I think about, that's actually what the libc Makefile
for cc65 (a 6502 compiler) does to build its libc for all the different
platforms it supports.  BTW, great little free compiler if you ever need to
target 6502's or want to C code for the Commodore 64 hiding up in your attic
(www.cc65.org).

---
Geoffrey Wossum
Software Engineer