RE: [avr-gcc-list] port access with avr-gdb

From: Larry Barello
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] port access with avr-gdb
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 06:16:49 -0700

We are talking I/O and registers: just how portable can those be???

Or are you talking about porting code between compiler vendors for the same
chip?  Do makers of  C compilers randomly choose between low to high and
high to low for bit field assignments? Or does it more have to do with the
architecture: big vs little endien and/or any data space access requirements
peculiar to that hardware?