Re: [avr-gcc-list] port access with avr-gdb

From: Geoffrey Wossum
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] port access with avr-gdb
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 09:11:50 -0500

On Friday 18 June 2004 8:37 am, Dave Hylands wrote:

> I'd say that the only real portability you could hope for is between
> compiler vendors for the same chip.

Don't forget different versions of the same compiler.  I've spent a good bit
of time tracking down problems due to changing compiler versions.  If you can
avoid by staying away constructs which are not explicitly defined by either
the C standard, or extensions in your compiler manual, it'll save you many
headaches when you're forced to upgrade your compiler to fix a bug or attain
a new language feature.

---
Geoffrey Wossum
Software Engineer