[avr-gcc-list] Anyone interface an AVR with a CAN bus?

From: Reza Naima
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Anyone interface an AVR with a CAN bus?
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 14:44:20 -0700

I need to control a CAN bus from an AVR, probably using the PCA82C251
can trransiever.  Does anyone have any experience with this IC or with
interfacing CANs?   At this point I just need to know if it'll suffice
to attache the TX and RX pins to any of the PORTx pins on an atmega, or
if I should attach them to some proprietary pins like the ouput/input
counter pins?

Thanks,
Reza