Re: [avr-gcc-list] Tiny 15L(non-avr-gcc)

From: Erik Christiansen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Tiny 15L(non-avr-gcc)
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:38:29 +1000

On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 07:44:39PM +0530, Royce & Sharal Pereira wrote:
> There is no difference electrically between the PCB & the hardwired
> board. Are there any
> known issues regarding power on reset (of this chip)? Does anyone have any
> ideas?

Royce,

There must be a difference for the one chip to behave differently in
the two circuits, surely. Do they use the one power supply, or could
the rate of rise or final supply voltage differ significantly? There is
potential for both the POR and BOD to be affected.

Failing suitable test gear, one technique is to strip all incidentals
from the problem circuit, then swap components from the working circuit,
one by one. If this fails, then your PCB is bung.

When it's solved, please post, 'cos we can learn too, then.

The avr-chat list seems to be close to falling into disuse, and avr-gcc
serves instead, judging by appearances. Some, if not many, still listen
on avr-chat, if you like things properly classified. :-)

Erik