Re: [avr-gcc-list] Tiny 15L(non-avr-gcc)

From: Royce & Sharal Pereira
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Tiny 15L(non-avr-gcc)
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:51:38 +0530

Hi all,
----- Original Message -----

> On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 07:44:39PM +0530, Royce & Sharal Pereira wrote:
> > There is no difference electrically between the PCB & the hardwired
> > board. Are there any
> > known issues regarding power on reset (of this chip)? Does anyone have any
> > ideas?
>

> When it's solved, please post, 'cos we can learn too, then.

For those interested, here's what was wrong:

I had 0u1 caps at 2 of the input port lines to filter noise.
At initialisation, I enable the pullups of these bits.
I had a delay loop, to allow the pullups to stabilise & for the caps to charge.
Thereafter I could read the PINB status.

It seems, for some reason, the delay was sufficient in the prototype, but not
for the PCB.
As a result some code was not being executed as the inputs were still read as
low.
 That is why the external reset pulse was giving the correct start up.

I increased the delay loop, above, & both PCBs then functioned properly. :)

Thanks to you alll who tried to help!

--Royce.