Re: [avr-gcc-list] 64 bit variable in coff file..

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] 64 bit variable in coff file..
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:28:20 -0600

On 13 Oct 2004 at 8:17, sandeep choudhary wrote:

>  Hi...
>       I want to convert my program which uses a 64 bit variable into .coff
> for debugging. But during conversion it says 64 bit not supported.
> How can I use the 64 bit variable.

I would strongly suggest that you stop converting to coff and use the new
ELF/DWARF2
format for debugging under the latest AVR Studio 4.10. Get the latest WinAVR
and see the
README file for more info about this.

I can't guarantee that ELF/DWARF2 will support 64-bit variables, but it's worth
a try.

>   Also it gives following errors:
>
>  discarding local local symbols outside any compilation unit.
>
>  what is it?

IIRC, that's a warning, not an error. And, IIRC, it can be ignored.

Eric