Re: [avr-gcc-list] work in linux

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] work in linux
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:24:40 -0600

On Jan 19, 2005, at 2:02 AM, lgpavrgcc wrote:

Hello every body!
I want to complies my c code in linux. But I don't know where can I download gcc for avr and binutils for avr. Can you give me a address?

In FreeBSD all one has to do (as root) is type this line and sit back to watch the show. Whatever is missing will be downloaded (its smart enough to know more than one place to find the files), patched (if necessary), configured, compiled, then installed in a sane location and configuration. Thanks to Joerg Wunsch for avr-binutils, avr-gcc, avr-gdb, and avr-libc/.

# portinstall avr-libc

The avr-libc port requires avr-gcc so the above will also install avr-gcc as a dependancy.

If one doesn't have the "portupgrade" port installed then one doesn't have "portinstall". "cd /usr/ports/devel/avr-libc; make install && make clean" is practically the same as "portinstall avr-libc".

If Linux lacks an "RPM" or equivalent of "FreeBSD port" for the AVR tools then somebody ought to do something about it.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden