Re: [avr-gcc-list] UISP vs AVRDUDE

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] UISP vs AVRDUDE
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 15:46:13 -0700

Marek Michalkiewicz wrote:

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 10:36:04AM -0700, E. Weddington wrote:
I was the active uisp maintainer before Ted Roth.  As uisp was written
in C++ (and not very cleanly), one of the TODO items was "clean rewrite
in C" - and avrdude happens to be just that.  Even if I spent some time
on uisp a few years ago, I too recommend avrdude - you are not biased :)

One of uisp features not yet present in avrdude is support for DASA
(direct serial access - using RS232 control lines) cables.  Probably
not very difficult to add to avrdude, if there is enough interest.
There is interest. Before he left, Ted Roth mentioned that he wanted to add to avrdude all the features that uisp has, and then eventually just let go of uisp.

Eric