Re: [avr-gcc-list] UISP vs AVRDUDE

From: Andy Warner
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] UISP vs AVRDUDE
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 17:45:15 -0600

E. Weddington wrote:
> [...]
> There is interest. Before he left, Ted Roth mentioned that he wanted to
> add to avrdude all the features that uisp has, and then eventually just
> let go of uisp.

Am I the only grump who currently uses uisp because it's less noisy than
avrdude (even with -q) - avrdude gives me 18 lines of output when I program
& verify flash, including the play-by-play and a personal thank you.

$? == 0 is all make and I require when things work.

Since I've gone and griped, I suppose the least I owe the
list is a patch that implements something like -q -q. Any
interest from fellow grouches ?
--
address@hidden

Andy Warner             Voice: (612) 801-8549   Fax: (208) 575-5634