Re: [avr-gcc-list] Getting output files in separate output dir

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Getting output files in separate output dir
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 09:46:28 -0700

Eivind Sivertsen wrote:

Hi guys,

using the standard makefile  as a template, I am trying to get all output
files in a separate directory. I suppose there is no smart way of doing
this; I mean apart from appending the name of the new directory on the start
ov every output entry?

At this point it's not available. Doing something generic in the WinAVR Makefile Template has been difficult.

I would certainly welcome patches to the Makefile Template that would allow this ability to specify and output directory, or not. But it would have to work for all makefile targets and the user would just set a Makefile variable with the output directory, either as an absolute or relative path. Oh, and the solution must work on Windows, Linux, FreeBSD and Mac OS X, and preferrably NOT dependent on GNU make.

It's a bit of a tall order.

Also, I tried using the mkdir utility for creating a standard output
directory named "output" etc. , but it wouldn't work.

Any ideas?

Use the -p switch?

mkdir -p <dir>

I'm assuming you mean the Unix mkdir command....

Eric