Re: AW: AW: [avr-gcc-list] Double desirability

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: AW: AW: [avr-gcc-list] Double desirability
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:54:43 +0200 (MET DST)

"Haase Bjoern (PT-BEU/EMT) *" <address@hidden> wrote:

>>The fplib part of avr-libc only affects standard functions (like the
>>trigonometrical functions etc).

> I just had a look at the 3.4.3 sources: Not even fp-add and
> fp-multiply are defined in gcc's own stdlib. Ist all in avr-libc's
> libm. It might be that gcc itself has a FP emulation library in
> libgcc2 written in plain C but probably this one is really
> inefficient since it needs to be target-independent.

Yes, add and mul are part of fplib.  I'm not too familar with libgcc's
naming convention, but I seem to recognize *numerous* FP-related
functions in libgcc.a as well.  So fpadd and fpmul are rather the
exception here.  (For a clean interface, they should probably be moved
out of avr-libc's fplib into GCC's gcc/config/avr/libgcc.S anyway, so
they remain part of libgcc.a as they ought to be.)