RE: [avr-gcc-list] RE: Make question (how to)

From: Larry Barello
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] RE: Make question (how to)
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 20:43:14 -0700

Thanks for all the pointers and suggestions.

Target dependent variables seemed like an ideal solution, but unfortunately
I couldn't figure out how to make them work!  I am using the previous WinAVR
release with make 3.78.1 which should support them (at least it didn't
barf).

The solution, for me, was include files.  Now I can say:

make TARGET=RS160D and my makefile includes $(TARGET).mk which defines SRC,
ASRC, MCU and various other tidbits.

I wanted to just say:

make RS160D

and use

include $(@).mk

but that didn't work.  No automatic variable I tried expanded to anything on
the include line.