Re: [avr-gcc-list] What method should I use to get started?

From: Tim
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] What method should I use to get started?
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 21:20:54 +0200 (CEST)

I find it interesting what someone said about "not learning AVR GCC programming embedded AVR programming".

I take what you mean by this is that it is stupid to get locked up in the details of GCC but rather grasp the big picture because it can be applied to numerous processors not just the AVR.

But is AVR a good representative of embedded world? What place does AVR really have in the embedded world? Dominating? If so, it may also be a financially good option to learn AVR...

Also, another aspect of hardware programming is electronics. How well do you need to understand them? I'm thinking of the knowledge needed to put components together, is it difficult?